Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My first (and largest) broccoli head I harvested. I have since harvested 95% of them and they came out really well. I let one flower out so that I can get some seeds.



My first carrot harvest. This is a smaller variety of carrot. The ends are rather twisted because of our clay-like soil. The other green in the picture are green onions.



my zucchini patch. its grown exponentially since I took this picture and I've removed the fencing around it. There are 4 plants total, but I think 2 will overtake the other 2 since they are so much bigger.



My soybean patch. They are growing quite well during our hot spell the last week. The sugar snap peas in the background are frying...next time I know to grow them in cooler months.



My watermelon patch. I have 4 growing in this area and I have 3 more seedlings in peat pots. I think I will give those away since I don't really have the room for 3 more watermelon plants (although, this is supposed to be a smaller variety (each fruit only weighing about 6 - 8 lbs.)



My almond tree. Some of the nuts have grown pretty big. I have to look up when to pick them...

No comments: