Monday, August 15, 2011

Check on your corn!


Wow, after seeing my corn stalks turn red and the ears on my stalks feeling "empty", I decided to pick one yesterday morning, and I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it with my own eyes...There were yellow corn on them cobs!!!

Well, some of them were just pure starch then since I thought I wasn't picking any corn this year but some were out of this world sweet! I wish I picked most of them sooner! I don't know, but for some reason, I believed that due to unseasonable cool weather and the fact that my ears never had that "filled out" feel to them, I would be just chopping down my stalks and putting them in the compost.

To my delight, I picked 10 ears, boiled as much as was still rather edible, and cut them down to corn kernels. Yum! If you've never had fresh corn picked from your yard and eaten within seconds of harvest, you've never had real corn. I urge anyone to try it at least once!

No comments: