Friday, January 22, 2010

coming back....?

Yeah, that is a question I pose myself. So I've been away for almost 1 1/2 years. WOW. Life just got the better of me, I guess. I got pregnant near the time I last posted, and I've been caring for my little tike and working at my 9-to-5 job till now. My son is almost 9 months now, and I am starting to feel the garden itch. I need to look at what seeds I have, what I'd like to plant, and maybe look into adding one or two more fruit trees to the backyard. (I'd love to have some pears and nectarines). we'll see on the trees.

First things first...weeding. But I'm not sure if I should tackle that now, since it is only january. I might get to it tho, just so that it doesn't get more out of hand than it already is. I may also start some seedlings...i think i have some lettuce seeds that i can start. broccoli perhaps? i digress...

WEEDING...almost makes me want to give up my edible garden aspirations! but i still think fondly upon it. we'll see if i can get to any of it tomorrow.

what started the gardening itch in me again? 1) someone made a comment on this blog and i received an email about it. i almost forgot my login to this blog (yikes!). so i thank that someone. very much. 2) i was recently at home depot and i saw their order of bareroot trees. i saw some 3-pear grafted trees...oooohhhhhh. i was so close to buying it. but WEEDING popped into my head. when i buy the tree, i need to plant it soon. but i can't. i need to WEED. *sigh*

i c-o-u-l-d hire help to do the WEEDING, but if i can't WEED, what hope does my garden have? if i want to get this garden in shape to grow some edibles, i need to start from the bottom. *WEEDING*

*sigh*

i'll let you know soon. if you don't hear from me, WEEDING ended the gardening itch.

No comments: