Tuesday, September 23, 2008

wow, its been almost 10 days since my last post. my apologies to those who keep up with this blog. i've been really tired, drained and feeling a bit under the weather. if you are a family member, chances are you know the possible reason behind my fatigue. i say "possible" because i am have an appointment with a professional to actually confirm things this thursday. once i know for sure, and that all family members are aware of it, i will post it here.

just to give you an idea of whats going on with me (the fatigue and feeling like im kinda sick)....usually, when i come home from work and its actually lighted outside, i go straight through the front door, drop my things and head directly into the backyard to fuss with my plants. mondays are one of those days that i do this...normally. well, yesterday was a monday and i never set one foot out the back door. i feel like i just forgot to go outside that day, but its just the feeling of being a bit icky and tired is what caused my disinterest in tending to the garden. i mean...something serious must be going on that makes me lose any "interest".

don't get me wrong, i LOVE my garden. my lettuce is growing nicely (i think we can soon pick from the loose leaf varieties), my chard, broccoli and beets are getting much stronger...

i have to pull out the cucumber plants...they really do look pathetic.

the one vegetable that is really producing well are the tomatoes. im harvesting 5 different varieties right now. most of which are heirlooms. i actually picked my largest tomato so far. it fit in the palm of both hands...and it's a pink tomato! its the one that i was told was a "ernie's round". but i am unsure since its known to be a rare heirloom.

okay, time to wrap up. i will keep you all updated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog as for me. It would be great to read a bit more about this matter. Thanks for sharing that information.
Joan Stepsen
Wise geek