Sunday, February 21, 2010

Garden Pictures #3


This lovely tree is my all-in-one almond tree. It has been in the ground for about 2 years now. From the very first year I planted it, I got some great almonds. (It was the first time I ever saw how almonds grew on a tree!) I would have gotten some almonds last year, but due to pregnancy/baby/life, the squirrels got to them faster than I could. I am contemplating on either putting up something that would scare those buggers away, or just let nature take its course...



These are some garlic plants starting to grow. I know they are supposed to be started in the fall of the previous year, but this was a last minute effort to grow some garlic. They are growing pretty well so far (11 of them). This garlic was sold at a supermarket and the tag stated that they were grown in Gilroy, so I am thinking they could probably grow up here too. I love the idea of planting one clove and getting a whole head of garlic in return, don't you?





Ahhh. What is a winter/early spring garden without peas! I've always had great success with peas - snow peas and sugar snap peas here. I have about 14 plants total (7 of them in this area of the garden). I just love their dainty leaves splashed with white spots.


The "south" garden. This side gets more shade than the "north" garden. I just wanted to see what does better where. In both gardens I planted the same things - broccoli, various lettuce, spinach, and peas. The garlic, however, was only planted on this side. I'm hoping for the best for them!

No comments: