Friday, February 19, 2010

So last week, I went to my favorite local nursery (it's not a big box outlet type), and bought 2 fruit trees - it would've been 3, but I forgot to take the stroller out. One is a 4-in-1 apple tree (Gala, Granny Smith, Fuji, and Anna (i think) a early summer red apple. I really wanted the Granny Smith apple since my husband and I just love eating and savoring its tartness.

the other tree is a 4-in-1 cherry tree (Bing, Lapins, Vans, Black Tartain). i LOVE cherries, but i haven't been able to talk myself in to buying them at the store because they are just so expensive. if this tree can supply me with great sweet cherries, it will be SO worth it.

i was hoping to get them planted in the ground last weekend after buying them, but I never got to. my main goal this weekend is to do just that. i have to do more WEEDing (it is coming along, tho!) and then planting the trees can begin. i feel the pressure of planting them soon because the buds on it are starting to swell. my plum tree seems to be slowing waking up as well!

the nectarine tree i planted a few weeks back is starting to flower and show some leaves. the pink blossoms are just gorgeous! my almond tree is also flowering now with its pure white blossoms.

not much else is going on in the garden. the peas are growing well, broccoli are growing slowly, so is the lettuce. my spinach seeds have finally sprouted...i need to get them into the ground too. im wondering if i should plant some carrots...dunno.

No comments: